Originally Posted By: Blake
The Dirt: Confessions of the World's Most Notorious Rock Band

The Dirt is an autobiography of Mötley Crüe written by all four members being Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil and Mick Mars. The band members take turns telling stories which becomes one cohesive story detailing the band members early lives, success with the band and eventual break up. Some segments are written by their manager at the time and some are written by music executives. This book is absolutely insane. It is filled stories of sex, drugs and rock n' roll. All four members were addicts and it's a wonder they are still alive after reading some of the stories. This is a very entertaining read and I highly recommend it.

I read this the year it was released. What I recall is that everyone wrote their parts and the rest of the band/management were not allowed to read it. I remember thinking what a complete narcissist Tommy Lee was (is) and the hell Vince endured losing his daughter.

There's another good one about Nikki Sixx's deep spiral into heroin addiction called "The Heroin Diaries." Definitely worth the read.