Yeah, he told me he defended the "One eyed Sheik" from the 93 wtc bombing.

When they dragged me out of the dungeon of the MCC holding pen to be introduced to my lawyer, I was handcuffed behind my back by a particularly asshole-ish CO and led into a small steel room with bulletproof glass. On the other side of the glass, sat a stocky well groomed man with a lavender shirt & matching tie, smart looking double breasted suit and a fedora with a matching lavender. My first thought was "I'm being represented by huggy bear". He started off by saying hello, then telling me I was a very lucky man and that I should Google him when I got out. Told me he would see me upstairs, not to worry, and that he had given his card to my lady upstairs. He said, don't talk to anyone, and asked me if I had any questions. Only thing I said was, "Mr Wilford, it's great to meet you, I need to get out of here because these cuffs are breaking my shoulder". He laughed and I split lol.
At the first pretrial hearing, Ed was seemingly out flanked by the lead defendants attorney, high powered Michael Critchley. All 20 some odd other lawyers gathered around Critchley to yak it up before the judge entered. Not Ed. Ed took control during the hearing and offered to organize a discovery distribution and development of of pretrial motions thru his office, which was right down the street. I was impressed. Critchley sat quietly.