To make your way up the ranks in the Family you have to be a great earner or be willing to take people out. The bosses of the family, I would assume, had to be exceptional earners or do something to separate themselves from the rest of the family. I have seen that the current bosses are Genovese:Bellomo, Lucchese:Crea, Colombo:Russo, Gambino:Cali, Bonanno:Cammarano Jr. I know that technically Persico is still considered boss of the Colombo's, but I'm talking more about bosses who are active/street bosses and who aren't in prison for extended periods of time. So, my question is... is there any information or stories on how these leaders set themselves apart and worked there way up to the top of the ranks? I've always wondered in today's era what these guys are known for that has led to their rise. I've heard stories of Bellomo, simply because he has been known since the Gigante days. But I'm curious as to what he was great at the Gigante trusted him so much. Also, what the others have done because I do not know much about them.

***Also, if my listing of any/all of the bosses are wrong, i apologize, and please feel free to correct. I was not stating them as fact, but simply what I have read.