When I recieved my CJA attorney (kind of like a public defender but they're real world lawyers) from the southern District of NY, we did a lot of talking, he and I. Very interesting man. He died 2 weeks after I was sentenced in 2014. His name was Edward Wilford. During one of our meetings he told me of an appearance in court he had had gotten through the federal CJA (court appointed) program. It was for Sammy Gravano, in reference to the Calabro murder. Kuklinski was also in the courtroom. And this is what he told me. He said Kuklinski wrote something on a piece of paper and then ripped the paper from the pad and flashed it to him (Ed Wilford). It read "I'll throw the case for 300k". Ed said Kuklinski then proceeded to eat the paper. After the courtroom proceeding was over, Ed took the pad from Kuklinski's desk, went to the prosecutors and told them what happened. The pad was taken to a forensic lab and what Kuklinski had written showed up on the underlying paper in the form of pressure imprints.
Figured I'd share. Ed had no reason to bullshit me regarding this.