Originally Posted By: PHL_Mob
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles.

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

@Sinatra: That picture that you posted is outside of the Cape May Courthouse in 1998 when Merlino was going into court to plead to his Open Container and Littering citations, which he got while being stopped by the Margate City (Jersey Shore) police late night coming back from the bars. The people in the picture from the left are Anthony Accardo, Charles "Chuck" Peruto who is one of Joey's lawyers and reps a bunch of other mobsters, Joey Merlino, Joe Santaguida who is another one of Joey's lawyers and reps a lot of South Philly mobsters as well, and then the bald guy I cannot tell based on the back of his head. Side note, is Anthony Accardo in fact Joey's cousin? I didn't know that if that's the case. I have a bunch of recent Accardo pics also if anyone is interested in this guy. Incidentally, if you watch the recent Dave S. Mob Watch video on Fox where they talk about the Clubhouse on 11th & Jackson, you can see Accardo standing out front on the far right of the frame to the right of the clubhouse entrance talking to some other guy... He definitely still hangs out with the guys and is probably made if I had to guess (post-his prison sentence in 2001 for participating in the stolen property ring).

I'll take your word for it PHL-Mob, your other post on this matter have always resonated to have a factual basis with me. So I'll buy it.

@Yates, thank you. Clearly he didn't read the DeCalvacante book "Made Men". Only goes to show that it's just theories people created and tried to add a connection with, and boom you have various articles claiming "The Sopranos is based on this person and that group." As if it's fact, despite the creator of the show never saying such a thing. Uncle Junior definitely shares a lot more similarities to Joseph "Joe Pitts" Giacobbe. Both hung out at a pork store, both drove black cadillacs (as you can see in some of the flashback sequences Tony has of him as a young boy).