Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles.

Hmm. Then why did you ask me where I read it, as if it were the first you'd heard of it?

Because like I've been saying the whole time, the creator of the show David Chase never stated that The Sopranos were based on anyone specific or let along a specific family. The most he said was during a piece for the Godfather Remastered Edition which came out in '08. He's in one of the extra clips, and they're talking about The Godfather and the things they influenced, which is almost everything, and the subject of the Sopranos is brought up and Chase says "This is based on the people I've seen as a kid"...That vague statement was all he said as far as the Sopranos being based on actual people.

People draw similarities, and come to the conclusion that it was based on The Decav's, and many mob docs and news articles make this mistake and use their own comparisons as fact. But factually, the creator never stated that they were based on any specific family or person. Thats what I meant by where'd you read that. I thought you'd actually had an article or proof of David Chase actually saying his show, The Sopranos were based on the DeCalvacantes. But he's never said that. The members being recorded saying the show was based on them, doesn't prove anything either, they had nothing to do with the creation of the show, and you know mob guys and their ego, especially those idiots who were operating during Vincent Palermo's time as acting boss. Again, we can save this for another thread.

Hey guys, finally got a date for that photo, it was taken in the late 90's. But on the subject of Accardo, he's actually featured in that Dave S "mob talks" piece, recorded standing on a stoop talking with Borgesi, Michael Lancelotti & a Dave Salvo.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/05/17 10:20 PM.