Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I don't quote wikipedia articles that aren't backed with sources.

Here they are for this article.

[13]"REAL 'SOPRANO' SINGS N.J. mob boss cut secret deal". Daily News. New York. October 24, 2000

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2000-10-24/news/18146484_1_palermo-murder-conspiracies-decavalcante

[14] Mob Money. CNBC. June 23, 2010.

The similarity between Giacamo Amari dying of stomach cancer, Charles Majuri being upset about being passed over as outright boss, trying to kill Vinny "Ocean" Palermo because of it and Jackie Aprile dying of stomach cancer, Junior being upset at Jackie not naming a successor and his ensuing war with Tony would have to be the most freakish coincidence of all time if not for how obvious it is that the DeCavalcante situation in the late '90s was the basis for season one of The Sopranos.

That link doesn't work. And that's been a theory stated on many mob docs and articles. But again, David Chase himself never stated The Sopranos were based on any specific family, let alone any real life person. No doubt he drew on some similarities but thats about it. But we can save the Soprano debate for another thread.

@BigFella, I don't know where the pictures from, as it wasn't mentioned. But it looks fairly recent, I'd say it looks most similar to when he came back to Philly for his fathers funeral about a year or two ago. Looking at it closely though, I definitely see what you mean. If it isn't recent, it's still an interesting pic as it shows Accardo may have been made possibly, a lot earlier than was assumed by most. It's not recent I can tell by Merlino's clothing and watch. And I found a close up on pininterest (forgot I had an account there), and I'm personally not 100% sure thats Accardo. It could be Ray Wags.

Last edited by SinatraClub; 01/05/17 05:29 PM.