Originally Posted By: fatdomgamiello36
Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Funding the state of Israel has been more contentious lately because of the influence of the BDS movement. The premise of the BDS movement is that Israel has been stealing land, which is totally false. It ignores the facts and history.

In my opinion, the entire BDS movement is predicated on hatred for Jews. It is very thinly cloaked. To try to make a historical argument presupposes the people you are arguing with have any interest in facts.

I get a good chuckle out of those who argue against funding for Israel, when we give billions of dollars to Arab countries that outwardly speak in favor of our destruction. Of course, you will never hear any of these same people complain about our giving money to terror-sponsoring regimes.

I have a proposal, let's stop giving money to these arab countries, de-fund the UN, and spend the money on our veterans.

really defund the UN you know the amount of good they do in supplying food aid to countries all over the world millions would starve without UN help they have done a lot of good in Africa and saved a lot of lifes. The UN needs reform no point it having an army those peacekeepers are useless have guns but cant fire.

Defund arab countries lol you created the mess with invading Iraq supporting coups in Syria, Egypt and Libya you guys pay for the costs. You want the Iraqi army and Jordan to fight ISIS right? then expect to pay for it nothing comes for free Lebanon holding all those Syrian refugees dont pay them they will let them all come into the West nothing comes for free. The Kurds they are fighting ISIS they need weapons they cost money. I do agree with you on not supporting these "moderate" arab groups the US backs those groups are very far from being moderate half of them are connected to Al Qeada

faithul its a very controversial topic everyone has very polarized views on who is to blame i agree with a parts of what you said but as getts said its a topic i dont like to discuss as people get very passionate about and will never change there minds on. However the vote was on the settlement issue faith not on who was the cause of the war and there is a reason not a single country supported Israel and i dont think every country who had the chance to vote abstained or voted against because of the BDS movement

Israel does have its right to protect itself so i understand there reason for believing they deserve significant US aid but i dont personally agree why Israel? so what US has a lot of allies who are crying out for even a fraction of the aid Israel gets Nigeria for example they are currently fighting Boko Harem and Al Qeada they are significantly underfunded Ethiopia aswell the collapse of the Africa United army fighting Boko Harem recently is because of the lack of west financial support the whole thing is political US politicians want the Jewish vote. Also Israel is getting all this aid and weapons from the US its fair to say they would have never survived if they dident help them what right does Israel have to citizen the US when they rely on them militarily

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion