Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: UncleVig
Originally Posted By: Regoparker100
Wasn't he also behind the Carmine Galante hit? This article below says that he not only got the nod from Big Paul, Tony Ducks, Santo Trafficante, Gerry Catena and Neil Dellacroce, but also from Joe Bananas himself in Tucson (Only Persico voted against the hit). To do such a hit, Funzi must have sought the approval from Benny Squint before going on to the Commission to have Galante whacked.

http://www.cosanostranews.com/2014/01/funzi-tieri-got-nod-from-bananas.html

I dont know why they would ask Joe Bonanno since he was forced into retirement but who really knows? I do know Galante was tight with Joe B, in fact the trip they made in the 50s to Sicily was for Carmine to set up the Babania flow from Sicily to Montreal.
Right after the Galante Hit and I mean minutes there is a video of Bruno Indelicato showing up at the Ravenite to be congratulated by Neil Dellacroce, His Father Sonny Red and others. This shows me that it was sanctioned and that Gambinos were involved to profit from the murder.
Supposedly every Kilo of Babania coming from Sicily was taxed by Galante who controlled the flow. At the time of the hit John Gotti was out of town in Ft. Lauderdale with his crew which was something he did when shit was going down.

Gotti and his crew weren't out of town because of the Galante hit. They were down in Florida casing and setting up the hit on Tony Plate.

Yup.