Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti
Originally Posted By: LaLouisiane
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
I hate Urban Meyer as much as anyone but he did win 2 national titles at Florida. So, to say he couldn't make it in the SEC doesn't make much sense.

When he saw that his recruits were gone and little Timmy Tebow was done with his career, he jumped ship knowing that Florida was going to be mediocre in the SEC. Then he went to an easier conference after he told the world that he was done with college football....he did what Nicky Boy Saban did to LSU

like him or nott, he is a top recruiter and competes for a national title year in and year out. as a buckeye fan, hard to say the Big 10 was trash. 4 teams in the top 15? 3 in the top 10. give it up dude. meyer would bend over and humiliate any coach in the SEC except for Saban. to say anything else is pure stupidity

Really? Is that why Meyer tucked his tail between his legs and high tailed it to the Big Ten after his SEC meltdown? Can't blame him though. I would want to go to an easier conference where I could make more money and slide into title contention without having to play big time teams too.

he won two titles in the SEC..no other SEC coach has done that besides Saban from that time period. EVERYWHERE he goes, he wins. he brought fucking utah to a major BCS bowl game. OSU has 44 freshman, most schools are fucked in the next two years. the first year of the playoff should have demonstrated that the BCS rankings with SEC teams year in and year out was flawed. and in case you haven't checked, condferences have peaks and valleys over the years. hell, even alabama wasn't relevant for 20 years. besides saban, meyer is the best college coach in the country whose players have much success in the nfl.
meyer wanted the Ohio State job from the get go-thats why he left florida. the same way saban lied to the miami dolphins for a job he wanted more. Meyer grew up in ohio, he was an all american baseball player there and coached on earl bruce's staff. hmmmm...lets see...coach at ohio state or florida? which job is better? not hard with the 2nd largest budget in the country to bolt for your hometown team that you grew up rooting for. gainesville is a cow town.

and dude, you're an ole miss fan??? respond to me when they are relevant in the national picture. i admire your sec enthusiasm, but the tables are turning and better coaches have gone to the BIG 10. even though i cant stand harbaugh, he one of the best in the country.