Gets,

Yes Paul Wall admitted to the surgery. I haven't seen Mike Jones in a while and of course I don't follow the scene like I did say 10 years ago so I can't say there.

I would say the sugar in lean is one of the biggest factors, that and you are less likely to be up and about and moving while sipping lean. Most of the time once you've had enough, you just want to sit or lay around and just chill. Those two factors are a recipe for disaster. By the time you blow up you are hooked on it and it's pretty hard to get off I imagine.

As for screwed and chopped music after Screw, the original Swishahouse kind of continued the legacy. OG Ron C and Michael 5000 Watts pretty much became the "new" DJ Screw. Then you had Slim Thug/Boss Hogg Outlawz, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire, Lil Keke and Mike Jones heavily pushing the screwed and chopped sound. After Paul Wall and Chamillionaire quit and Paul went solo releasing his debut album was pretty much the end of Swishahouse and the screwed sound. Slim Thug and his acts did their own thing as well. Mike Jones kind of survived and Chamillionaire tried his thing but neither survived the split if you ask me. Really only Paul Wall and Slim Thug were successful after that.

But man the Before tha Kappa and After tha Kappa had some good shit back in the early 2000's. Slim Thug was already rich as hell before he released Already Platinum.