Originally Posted By: hoodlum
Mentioned 2 my wife about a month ago that i was gettin' low on reading material, & she purchased a few that she knew i didn't have..(she cares enough 2 keep track of my hobbies,a good woman)...anyways, I just got through (Donnie Brasco: Unfinished Business)..I was behooved that i didn't know this existed ,the copyright 2007,,me of all ppl..i was mad @ myself 4 not keeping up or missing this one ..I'm a Pistone fan & pride myself on my knowledge of early bonanno yrs. Thought it was not bad, even though it rehashed some stories everyone knows,but liked the little inside stories(like when he had 2 meet Lefty @ 12:00 midnite in a deserted bar) & the topics on working w/ Johnny Depp & Al Pacino.. anybody get 2 this piece of material?? any thoughts???

I read that part, the part where he had to meet Lefty in a bar to explain himself, and there was maybe another guy guarding the door so he couldn't run. That was awful. You think about pictures of Lefty, how he looked like an android with unblinking eyes. In a situation like that, Lefty must have been terrifying. Joe Pistone really risked everything to do his job.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."