Originally Posted By: Ted
[/quote]
He was a mobster before The Sopranos aired. lol It's not just perceived loyalty though. The Philly family hasn't had a made man flip in over 15 years.

I get it, I'm just trying to make the point that now adays, these guys: mannerisms, customs, and organizational structure aside; are American kids. He was born in, what... 1970(ish)? He's not Angelo Bruno. Also, he's a child by mob standards (not taking shots at him, just saying 45 might as well be 25 in that world). He is 9x more American than that aforementioned guy. There's nothing wrong with that. But it's a fact. No 4th generation American is going to carry any Calabrian (or wherever) code of ethics. He's doing his time, and while I don't agree with his chosen profession or activity, there's something to be said for that. But it's not out of the same old world loyalty that guys who were standing tall in the early to mid half of the last century. He's doing it because of the "ethics" taught to him by that organization.

Also, any lack of rats in Philly LCN doesn't mean that the loyalty isn't perceived. Those guys fuck each other over every day just like it's always been in Cosa Nostra. Day to day, cheating and stealers cheat and steal from each other. So much so that it's expected from middle management that the underlings are engaging in "shrinkage".

I find it funny that the year Joe Ligambi gives back the day-to-day, there's a hit. And a bad one at that. I feel like Skinny Joey's just going to undo everything Ligambi was trying to do since 1999. "Let's make 80k a year doing safe, low risk rackets and live to be unincarcerated grandpas." Not "Hey let's make enough to drive Rolls Royce's for five years then spend the millions we stole on legal fees after we try to kill 10 people, watching our kids grow up through plexiglass." But then again, I work for a living. I clearly don't 'get' the life.

F. Mazola, Esq.