Originally Posted By: SoCalGangs
I don't get how Russia interfered with the election. Hackers and leaked e mails? If so then didn't they do the US a favor by leaking info?

It only makes sense that Russia didn't want Hillary. She promised to increase tension and conflict with Russia. Trump was threatening to make peace with Russia. Which is a scary thought that we might avoid a nuclear war. But maybe in four years John McCain and his type can pull it off. Be patient.

Well the CIA haven't actually said anything. An "alleged" "source" within the CIA "supposedly" said it to the Washington Post which tells us that at a minimum there is a faction or individual within the CIA who wants to delegitimize Trump or poison the well with Russia.

The job of the CIA is human intelligence. If anyone would be investigating the source of the hacks it would be the NSA.

As for whether Putin would want to hack Clinton's emails, I think it's obvious that he would but wanting to and actually succeeding is another thing. Based on what we know publicly, there's more evidence to suggest it was Seth Rich who leaked the DNC emails and not Russian hackers. That doesn't mean Russian hackers didn't dig up some info, but the Guccifer leaks were nothing so it seems unlikely they found anything good. The Podesta emails were hacked once by an unknown source and a second time by someone on 4chan. So to try and pin this all on Russia is suspect in itself. And let's not pretend that the US isn't hacking Russia's communications and trying their best to undermine Putin. This is what cyberwarfare is.

What I find strange is that the release of information is considered interference in an election. Nowhere in the western world is this the case. No one ever accused the News of the World of tampering with elections for hacking the phones of politicians. It's a bizarre double standard that has just been introduced conveniently enough to delegitimize the anti-globalist candidate.

I invoke my right under the 5th amendment of the United States constitution and decline to answer the question.