^ There's something to that. It works well in politics, and is just as effective in many other parts of life (as any good cult leader could tell us).

I think there are plenty of legitimate criticisms that can be launched at the Clintons. I often judge people's political understanding on being able to make them or seeing if they just regurgitate nonsensical talking points.

Same for the current President. I have real gripes, and am always willing to discuss them. But when people make complaints like 'he wasn't a unifying president, america is still divided' or some such, I don't bother. I know what I'm dealing with at that point.

And I'm put off by how this topic of concern over foreign interference is being twisted to Hillary Clinton. It's not about her. It's not about a party. And anyone who thinks of themselves as an American should be interested in getting the truth of the story, not dismissing it because it may have worked out in their favor (this time).

I think the most prudent thing for the US to do would be to take immediate measures to investigate what, if anything has happened. If there has been a successful cyberattack that has materially affected the US election then:

(a) the immediate consequences have to be faced and dealt with.
(b) systems must be reviewed to make any repetition impossible.

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/12/16 06:07 PM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?