Since 2005 I've literally lost upwards of 30 friends and that's only the people I knew personally and/or was in contact with regularly, but my town has seen much much more than 30 heroin related deaths than that in more recent years than since 2005, its just beyond epidemic proportions at this point and it got out of control a long time ago even before the Fentanyl really blew up. I was incarcerated with a Dominican guy Jose Casellas from Lawrence Mass that was already here illegally under the guise of being Puerto Rican and he was released early along with countless others due to chemist Annie Dookan messing with drug lab samples from drug cases. He ended up being arrested for running another heroin operation and was caught with 35 pounds of heroin in the house he used for packaging along with a ridiculous amount of fentanyl, which was the purpose of the house, to cut the heroin with Fentanyl and package for sale. I'd say that's definitely deliberate homicide if not 2nd degree murder since at that point in time it was more than well-known how lethal Fentanyl is to addicts injecting it, even snorting it. People are dropping dead from snorting heroin these days, which was unheard of before the Fentanyl hit the scene. BTW it takes a real punk ass ignorant piece of shit to say "let them die." And you work in an ICU...yeah, just the guy for the job.