Tony Bananas Caponigro was a sharp shrewd individual. Forget about the Genovese, Gambino, and other families operating in North Jersey. Tony Bananas knew the rules, he was making a fortune and had a strong crew up there. That's why the Genovese Family hated him so much. He played by the rules and he beat them at their own game. I am still surprised the Genovese Family pulled one over on him. I think other families, namely the Lucchese and Gambino conspired to get him whacked. Tony Bananas was no dummy. He knew the anti-Bruno sentiment in the family. He went to the Commission to take Bruno out, but I don't think for one second he would not have gone to at least 2 or 3 families to make sure the Commission approved. At the least he checked with the Genovese and Lucchese. Tony Bananas was a very very shrewd guy. They pulled a sneak on him because that's the only way they could get him. Those Genovese guys hated him for a long time because he was a force to be reckoned with and always came out on top in sit downs because he was right and did things the right way.