Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
just from a sec fan, kiffin got way to much credit for Alabama's success, alabams's special team coach, and their defensive back's coach, are the best in college football. but you never hear of them.

I firmly believe from a friend of mine who is close to the program that Lane & Sark in their early days partied and fucked like two frat boys. Who knows, but rumor had it that the wives were relieved when Sark went to Washington, having some distance between the two. I do believe Kiffin has been humbled and learned how to be a better coach and manager of staff and players. Kiffin won't have the insurmountable pressure of making the playoff and competing for a title year in and year out, it's the best job in college football. compete for a conference championship in a mid major conference, beat the occasional power five program and you have job security for a decade at least. Kiffin may have found
a place to be revered at Houston. with sark, he's only a year removed from alcoholic breakdowns and calling games shit faced. If Saban promotes him to OC, it means Saban believes he's making progress in his recovery from a severe drinking problem...but it's also much more pressure for somebody trying to repair his broken personal life with the kids, wife and family. The timing might not be right for Sark. hes a brilliant offensive coach and a hell of a recruiter. But with his infamous public drunkenness out there on line and on every social media outlet, i couldn't imagine him going into the family room of an inner city family and selling himself as a role model. CFB coaches are charismatic and pragmatic when selling themselves to the parents of recruits. If I were recruiting against Sark, I'd show every family a DVD of his drunken escapades and locker room antics. I think he could stay with Saban as long as Saban stays coaching, it could be enough time where the public will forgive him and he'll be a head coach.

taggart was a great hire at Oregon, rhule was a great hire at baylor, reports out of Columbus is that luke fickell may be headed there who I'm not sold on as a HC, I still can't believe Greg Schiano hasn't been aggressively pursued, I like les miles to purdue it's a good fit for him, no pressure and Indiana is open. lincoln riley will be a star when he gets a chance. lots of names out there. Charlie strong would also be ideal at cinch, he recruited that area well while 45 mins down the road at Louisville, it would be a new backyard brawl between he and petrino

Last edited by dinocrocetti; 12/08/16 10:43 PM.