Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Frank Cotroni wasn't even a force in his later years, especially after his last release from prison. I also wouldn't jump to conclusions and assume the Cotroni group has all of a sudden regrouped, and become a force within the Montreal Mafia like old times. If there is some newly consolidated Cotroni group, I'd place it in the same group as the typical factions. Meaning it's group comprised of other Italian Canadian & French Canadian criminals moreso than Cotronis themselves. In other words, I simply don't believe there is anything at this point to go on that leads to them suddenly being a standalone faction.

Frank Cotroni was a force to be reckoned with in the 80s and inherited the so called Calabrian faction from his brother while Di Maulo, who was his protege, inherited it from him. Di Maulo married into the Cotroni family through his daughter and he took the Cotroni sons under his wing. So the Cotroni-Di Maulo faction (the old Cotroni-Violi group) never really ceased to exist up until this day.

"It was between the brothers Kay -- I had nothing to do with it."