Over Thanksgiving I was back in my old neighborhood in Jersey and forgot to post a few things I heard from guys I grew up with on both sides law enforcement and wiseguys. (Keep in mind I'm in my early 30s, so this is from younger guys in law enforcement and the life's perspective)

-due to the heroin epidemic here in Jersey, you will notice a lot less gambling busts and there will be less gambling busts moving forward due to county law enforcement's main concentration being the opioids crises here (county and state law enforcement typically always made the frequent gambling busts we used to have in Jersey)

-The DeCavalcantes are a laughing stock amongst wise guys and are "a small crew of old men who can't cross the street without permission (from the Gambinos)" Now keep in mind This was from a guy I grew up with who is affiliated with another family, who is my age.

-Between Heroin on the county and state law enfocement's main investigative priorities and with terrorism and political corruption being the Federal Government's main investigative priorities, guys in life are generally feeling a lot less pressure and aren't being pursued relentlessly and non-stop like they were in the 1990s and pre 9/11 2000s.

However, the Heroin crisis here has really taken the attention away from their main money maker- Sports Betting. In general, they're feeling a lot less attention from law enforcement , mainly being after the Heroin crisis hit all the White suburbs here and kids started dying and if they weren't dying they were robbing and stealing for Heroin/OxyContin

Last edited by DanteMoltisanti; 12/07/16 08:51 PM.