Originally Posted By: getthesenets
Originally Posted By: The Italian Stallionette
It affected me greatly. AND, like most my age, I will NEVER forget where I was and people's reaction. For me 10th grade, 5th period, Mrs. Bergstrom's class 1:00 pmish. Announcement over the PA. Total silence and shock that this could happen in our country. frown Teacher looked totally stunned. When bell rang, halls were very quiet.

On the school bus ride home, everyone was pretty much silent. Then one kid, speaks up and says, "In my opinion, they should have shot him again and again and again.:" uhwhat Everyone remained silent. I was mad/shocked that he said that. I know if I get my yearbook out I can recognize his picture.

I am NO fan of GWBush OR the current moron President elect, but I would NEVER wish for or applaud an assassination.

TIS

TIS,

Wow. Unless I'm missing something, I can only assume that the young guy was just echoing his dad's hatred for the President. He probably heard his dad at the dinner table for years saying vile things.

Otherwise I can't see how a high school kid would say such things and in public the day of the shooting.

Oh it had to be Getts. That kind of hatred rubs off and for young kids to use it, it likely was picked up by parents. I sometimes wonder IF that kid (or anyone else on bus) remembers that outburst like I do. AND if he regrets it.

Btw Getts, I just want to tell you, tho I don't read all posts nor do I post that often, I notice you are ALWAYS polite to everyone here. Just wanted to give you a shout out. LOL Kudos!!!!! wink

TIS

"Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind. War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today." JFK

"War is over, if you want it" - John Lennon