Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti
Originally Posted By: irishkaos
Originally Posted By: dinocrocetti
is merlino firmly in charge of philly or is mazzone still the street boss? and if you are from philly and know some of these guys, do you think mazzone is more effective as a boss than merlino? merlino seems small time compared to some of the bosses that have come out of philly. i only know what i read on philly.

Merlino is still considered the Boss. Though a lot of people would agree that on the street; Mazzone has more respect. He's the go between the Merlino faction and Scarfo guys like the Narducci's and Pungitore's.

good info, thanks irishkaos. do you think the scarfo faction would rather deal with mazzone or merlino? i know alot of those guys were close to joeys dad but i always wondered what they truly thought of joey.

They thought of Joey as a punk kid, who if not for his dad probably would have went. They absolutely would rather deal with Mazzone and clearly do. I'm sure Ligambi also helped to make it a smooth transition for a lot of Scarfo guys coming home in recent years but from what most believe is that Merlino has no contact with any of the Scarfo Era guys. Maybe even one reason why when he got out, he setup in Boca Raton.