Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Alfa Romeo
Just finished "The Coffey Files." Enjoyed it. On a scale of 1 to 10 for entertainment, I would give it a 7.5.

It's a little short for a book. But it gives fresh angles on some of the well known stuff.

For instance, Capeci wrote a masterpiece in Murder Machine, but he omitted details that Coffey didn't. Maybe Capeci didn't want to mention Demeo's blood drinking/tasting because he was ashamed of the factoid and didn't want it to diminish his masterpiece. Coffey didn't respect hoodlums, so he let their secrets out.

I don't know about "Coffee's Martial Law", but Joe Coffey was otherwise an exemplary man and police officer. I think any of us can learn from him by studying his journey.

Or maybe, just maybe it's bullshit.

The reason I don't believe it's bullshit is simple Sinatra...

Capeci also hinted at blood rituals being performed by Dracula Guglielmo in his book. He didn't elaborate. In Coffey's book, a murder is described where right after Demeo stabbed Paul Castellano's son in law with an instrument, he drags the guy to the bathroom to drain his blood in the tub. At that moment is when Coffey's book says Demeo tasted some of the blood.

Obviously the account of the murder was given by a member of the Demeo crew, someone who was there, a killer.

You can call it bullshit, but you have to also call Capeci's mention of Dracula Guglielmo's blood rituals bullshit too. And if it's all bullshit, then maybe neither of these books are for you.

"For us, rubbin'out a Mustache was just like makin' way for a new building, like we was in the construction business."