Two suspicious deaths in Vaudreuil-Dorion could be linked to biker gangs.
CTV Montreal
Published Thursday, December 1, 2016 6:55PM EST
Last Updated Friday, December 2, 2016 2:25PM EST
One of the two men killed in a double homicide in Vaudreuil-Dorion Thursday is Joseph Fluet, who reports say was linked to biker gang The Rock Machine.
Police resumed their investigation Friday morning into the shooting deaths of two men. They confirmed Friday that one of the men is Fluet, who was named in a 2014 report in La Presse as linked to The Rock Machine. The report said Fluet had been arrested in along with other gang members for possession of prohibited arms.
The body of one of the victims was found badly injured shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday on Alstonvale Way near Harwood.
Shortly thereafter, police investigating the scene discovered a second man, also badly hurt. Both men were pronounced dead in hospital.
Sûreté du Québec spokesperson Ingrid Asselin said the two men were both in their 40s. Fluet was 45. While police said one of the men was linked to biker gangs, but they would not confirm which gang.
Police do not have any description of any potential vehicles or attackers involved in the deaths.
The major crimes unit spent the night at the scene began investigating again Friday morning.
Neighbour Jackie Nadeau said she was startled by the gunshots.
“I was on the phone with a friend. I heard the gunshots from my apartment. I ran upstairs because it startled me, and I said it sounded like gunshots and I came up and looked over in that direction because that’s where I thought it came from and I said, ‘Oh, I must be crazy’ everything was quiet. There was nothing. There weren’t any people around or a car around or anything moving on the street. It was peaceful,” she said.
The investigation continues.