I get the feeling that he really, really wished he could, and it broke his heart that he couldn't.

Think about it. Why the long interrogation? Why the final drink? I feel like Tony was looking for something, anything Sal would say that could maybe make giving him a pass, not having to kill him, seem reasonable. He gave him plenty of outs - asking what exactly he gave, how long he was an informant for - and Pussy being honest kept digging the whole deeper. I think Tony was looking to hear what he wanted to be told - That he hadn't been flipped for very long, that he hadn't given them anything - anything so he could let him off - even if that meant shelving him - on a "technicality."

Look at his expression and how his whole mood changes when Pussy admits he gave them Webistics. "I'm telling ya, this disinformation shit, it's an effective technique, it's a freakin' ace!" Pussy says and Ton looks at him, like he wants to say something, looks utterly heartbroken, and then sort of shakes his head and walks to the deck of the boat...I think any delusions of letting Pussy off of this went out the window right there.

Anyone else agree?