Originally Posted By: getthesenets
F1,

Have you been able to maintain the vegan lifestyle this holiday season? The reason I ask is, had a buddy who was diagnosed with diabetes so whenever we all went over to see him...we'd bring over food that he could eat and eat along with him. Just to show that support.

Now, it's unreasonable to expect people to do that for family holiday meals. So,did you have to fix a special plate at Thanksgiving?

My wife made me a special plate LOL. There were a couple times I did eat something with meat in it because of circumstances. Going out is hard because without the meat and dairy there's really nothing there. One place I can do is Chipotle. I usually get black bean and brown rice burritos with avocado. Flame Broiler is doable too. (Don't know if they have these in the rest of the country.)

I do get cravings for Carls Jr and In-N-Out sometimes, but despite their awesome flavor, there's a feeling I get after I eat their burgers that isn't good. My skin will feel greasy and will feel sort of run down despite enjoying the flavors. If I go to Subway and get a breakfast flat bread sandwich with egg whites and no cheese I don't get that feeling of being run down.