Originally Posted By: yatescj7
Originally Posted By: helenwheels
Originally Posted By: getthesenets

Agree.

Baby Doc Duvalier died a few years back. He and his father killed,jailed a greater % of the population of Haiti than Castro did to Cuba. Plus they ran the economy and country into the GROUND. But they pretty much bent over for Western interests, so when they die...there's no outcry from the Western press about "death of evil dictators" as with Castro.

Yes. Haiti is a perfect example.

The US has a long history of backing murderous regimes, especially in Latin America and the Caribbean. Maximiliano Hernández Martínez, Ubico, Trujillo, Duvalier, Pinochet, Somoza (father and sons)....

There are many Americans that don't mind human rights violating and murderous regimes as long as it's 'our bastard' doing it. The cries against someone like Castro ring hollow when these same people remain silent on all the others.

Like I said, let's throw out the United States views of leaders in Cuba and Haiti. Let's listen to Cuban Exiles views and what they think of the Castro regime. Would you value their opinion?

Of course i value their opinions.

Do you value the opinions of people that have suffered under US backed tyrants?

Beyond the Cuban exiles opinions I value the facts, which are that the man was a murderous tyrant, which i clearly stated upthread. He was, and thats not debatable. But that doesn't preclude my understanding that other people in the world have different opinions on Castro, based in their own interactions with his regime.

Last edited by helenwheels; 12/01/16 07:11 AM.

All God's children are not beautiful. Most of God's children are, in fact, barely presentable.

I never met anyone who didn't have a very smart child. What happens to these children, you wonder, when they reach adulthood?