Originally Posted By: blueracing347
I've seen this guy on television a bunch of times and I'm left confused. Did he rat, because they never say that he did. It's only said that he took a plea deal and became a born again Christian. Did he do his time and walk away from the life? Is that what makes him unique? If he didn't rat, why doesn't he get along with his father anymore? They never say how he made his bones. Did he kill anyone, or was he inducted because of his father's status? I was reading that his brother was a rat. But he wasn't bringing in the money Michael was, he was a junkie that saved his own neck by ratting on the father.

In the life, Michael was definitely considered a rat. He didn't testify against any mob guys, but he did testify against Norby Walters. Plus, he gave a lot of mob info, even mob hits. He claims he wasn't a part of any personally, but knew about them. Sal Micciotta claims Michael was the driver of a crash car on the Larry Champagne hit. Big Sal claims Mike wanted to be the shooter, but Big Sal did the hit while Mike drove a crash car afterwards. The Smoking Gun has some documents on Franzese. He gave up info on hits and who was made with him at his making ceremony. Just go to the website. Type in Franzese.