Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
We're not in a recession right now. The last recession ended in June of 2009. Obama inherited it, from Bush, and ended it.

I think you missed my point about military service. I'm responding to Binnie's point that our government will go to war whenever they like, and the people will just go along with it. What if the people didn't? Just a question. That's all.

As far as the majority of Americans being willing to fight for this country, I'm sure we wouldn't have had the recruitment issues we did during the Iraq War if that were the case. That's why I told Binnie that a draft would be interesting. Finally a lot of these war hawks who want war but don't want to serve in them might have to.

You really believe the recession ended in June 2009? Obama worked quick his first six month didn't he? What did he do to bring us out if you actually believe that is the case, which I can tell you as a working guy we are not out of it. Not yet. Please don't bring up the "jobs saved or created" data because we all know that was a load of horse shit. Only 7 percent of counties in the United States have bounced back to their pre-Recession peak by the end of 2015.

Last edited by yatescj7; 11/23/16 02:08 AM.