Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
I share your cynicism, Binnie. But I wonder what would happen if everyone refused to enlist into the military. Would they impose a draft? That would at least force a lot more middle to upper middle class people to fight (I'm sure the rich would still find a way out of it), as opposed to the disproportion of poor people who serve now. General strikes could be an effective tool, a trick we've never really tried here in the States.

Do you know why we've never really tried to refuse to enlist and it would never happen? Because a majority of Americans are patriotic and still love this country and will fight for it. It's evident that many Americans feel this way because....well...look who we elected President. But I do hope people keep trying to push the politically correct, left wing liberal view upon America because it's really starting to swing in our favor. So I hope Rachel Maddow and Company keep up the good work. Trump will be re-elected as long as Maddow is still pushing her left wing view in 2020.