Binnie, I'm not sure where I ever said that the rich don't run this country. I'm not sure anyone isn't aware of it these days, except for some of these Trump voters who really think rural whites run it based on Trump's victory.

My point about general strikes, particularly against the military or a military draft, is a "what if". I don't harbor any beliefs that it would actually happen. I'm aware of Kent State, but there at least was a public political action taking place. What would our government do if everyone just refused to join the military? Would they just start dragging people out of their homes at gun point? Just something I like to ponder for the sake of discussion, that's all.

"...the successful annihilation of organized crime's subculture in America would rock the 'legitimate' world's foundation, which would ultimately force fundamental social changes and redistributions of wealth and power in this country. Meyer Lansky's dream was to bond the two worlds together so that one could not survive without the other." - Dan E. Moldea