Originally Posted By: Faithful1
Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
The piling on of Giacamo still seems suspicious. There's a lot of people here who spread false info and don't get nearly as much grief as this. Something else is going on. Perhaps some people know each other personally. Who knows? But there's no way this is all about getting facts wrong.

Sounds like a conspiracy theory. I doubt if anyone in this topic personally knows another poster. The fact is that Giacomo Vacari is being called out not for "getting facts wrong," as you understate it, but for being deceptive and intentionally misleading people.

If I write that John Gotti is still alive and I meant to write John Gotti Jr., that's a mistake, an error. It's not something that's intentional, and when brought to my attention I correct it.

What Vacari does is mix known information with made-up stories as if they were facts, and does so intentionally. That's known as a hoax or fraud. It's like a certain poster from a while back who claimed he was Chuckie English's nephew, but wasn't. When the truth comes out they lose all credibility. In Vacari's case he didn't just fabricate stories one time, he's done it several times.

Why does it matter to me? Because I've busted my ass off doing real research, traveling across the country, making contacts, and spending money trying to put the facts out about certain topics or people. I do that because I want people to know the facts and the truth, so yes, it pisses me off when someone comes along and casually spreads lies like a sociopath or a narcissist seeking attention and posters and readers who don't know enough believe him because he sounds knowledgeable. They are basically being conned. I don't defend con artists.

So freaking well said. I remember when I had called him out on it, I couldn't find the words to explain to explain why I was being so harsh on him, but you put it perfectly well. He mixes lies and bullshit with factual information, in an effort to intentionally mislead people and spread false information. I also feel it's a slap in the face to guys like yourself, whom have researched and give all us inspiring mob researchers insight into so many things related to LCN.