Yes I was aware of this article, and I agree with you that sometimes these journalists are mind blowing with their contradictory assessments.
I made myself a chronology of events such as murders,attempted killings, firebombings, meetings and so forth and I tried to categorize on who's side of a clan at the time of the event(s) the person that got murdered for example was on. I must admit I had problems determining what side Callocchia was on. What made it possible for me to reach that conclusion,was the Marco Pizzi attempted murder. Pizzi was a Callocchia associate, the Campellone's have close ties to the DeVito clan and Kevin Rochebrun who was charged for attempted murder of M.Pizzi has ties with the Campellone family fruit business.

This is why I like this site, everyone offers their opinions & findings and from there your able to solve some pieces of the puzzle.
I don't have to explain to you how difficult it is to find out what is going on with the Montreal mafia;when you have members changing loyalty to another clan and others like Colapelle spying for the other clan and Gallo allying with Montagna instead of the Desjardins/Mirarchi clan.There are times I find that the police and journalists are having difficulties comprehending what is going on, that is why I keep an open mind to different theories. You can't always go by places of origin because you have betrayal in the Sicilian clan and in the Calabrian clan.
I think some of the Montreal mafia members were forced to choose sides on the spot and this was very difficult for them because they had allies on both sides of the fence.

Last edited by Ciment; 11/21/16 02:39 PM.