Originally Posted By: dixiemafia
Originally Posted By: Tony_Pro
He is still alive but retired...Apparently he never really went into hiding I don't think.

He wrote a book about Operation Donnie Brasco also.

Thanks man. Have you read it? It any good? I like anything near Tampa, spent many days down there.

I did years ago, it's pretty decent IIRC. If nothing else it's interesting to see what happened from a perspective different than Pistone's viewpoint. It's unfortunate that in the movie they made Robb (aka Rossi) seem like a bumbling idiot, from his POV there were plenty of aggravations with the New York end of operation as well from the point-of-view of the Florida operation. There are some interesting things from when he did some undercover work with a smaller family in the 1970s (I think Pittsburgh, but maybe Buffalo?) and did some work with the Pizza Connection busts after Donnie Brasco. My memory is hazy, it's been about ten years.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 11/15/16 11:57 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi