Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Binnie, I'm really starting to wonder if this is going to happen. Trump was a Democrat less than a decade ago. It's not like he comes from a conservative background, like most Republicans. He can switch any time. He already has backpedaled on Obamacare. His rhetoric throughout the campaign was to get rid of Obamacare outright. A lot of people that voted for him can't be happy to hear that he's softening his stance. Buyer's remorse, day one. This is entertaining, if nothing else.

yes. oak, there will be a lot of things he said he would do that he won't be able to do. of course most of his rhetoric was designed to get elected. which he did, but the talk of bringing back jobs to the u.s. may sound good, but, the reality is much different, and foreign policy is much different than he imagined, and he will find that out, he is the leader of the free world, and he switched his stance on NATO, which is good.
the country has seen what happens when the far-right takes us into needless wars, and I don't think he will be that careless, as that war criminal George bush.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"