There was a guy about my father's age who was a furniture mover. I forget his name he would take all the people in my tenement to Jones beach in his moving truck. He also took a now friend of mine Lou with them. I was not friends with Lou back then became friends with him much later in life.

Besides being a furniture mover he collected bodies for disposal killed my Murder inc.

I heard so many stories about the 20s when I was a kid from my uncles Tony, and Joe.

There was one my Daddio told me about Vincent Mad Dog cole the inventor of the drive by.

He wanted to kill someone coming out of his tenement across the street from me with his Thompson sub machine gun with the round clip. He empty his gun and only shot the guy once in the leg before driving away. Bullet holes everywhere except in the guy. Bullet holes hit the second floor, in the street. The gun took cole for a ride.

Another story was Joe Volachie as a kid lived in a barn around the corner from me that was full of water rats from the east river. I guess that is how he became a rat. No one wanted him as a kid. The barn was from a scrape iron place used horse and carts then still used them when I was a hid. I would borrow one of my daddio guns and shoot the rats as a kid.

I ran away from home at 10 to get away from daddio. I came back to try and help mom after someone hung him when I was 15. Crazy mother still loved him even after he would burn here with cigs.

I became a theft to make money as a kid me and my then best friend Donnie.real first name was Donato was my partner. His mother falls for a guy who did not want him either.

In the 60s we had the riots in Harlem. Kids from the neighbor hood try to keep the rioters from getting past Lexington Ave. when they threw down a tenement also around the corner from me they found over 100 bodies in that basement.

only the unloved hate