Originally Posted By: SinatraClub
Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
well bumpy could never have operated in Chicago, giancana killed off all the black guys running numbers, teddy roe, and ran eddie jones out of the country, no kickback from the outfit, they just murdered them, and took the numbers for them selves.

Uhm, it took years for Giancana to accomplish what he did with the blacks and their numbers policy. For one he was a snake, and got his real start with Eddie Jones, learning everything he knew about the policy racket from him. In the case of Teddy Roe, who was half-Italian himself, it wasn't that easy. Giancana tried I believe twice previously to kill Teddy Roe, and he failed. At one point, Marshall Caifano's brother was killed by Roe, after they attempted an ambush on Roe and Roe somehow got away and managed to kill Caifano's brother. There was a literal war between Roe & Giancana. And some sources would argue that Roe developed terminal cancer, and simply decided to give up, and let himself be killed. There was a thread I made on Roe on here a while back, and in it I posted numerous pages of a magazine article on Roe, one of the sources of that article I believe was Roe's own personal bodyguard, whom said that on the day Roe was finally killed, he refused any protection, and decided to drive himself that day. I don't know the true story of his death, but whatever the case, as BlackFamily said, those policy racketeer's, Roe in particular, deserve to be mentioned in the same breath as those Italians & Jews they stood up to.

yes, I agree, you seem to know much about the subject, I only know what I read in the book "the don" by William brashler he mentions giancana learning the racket from eddie jones while they were both in prison. while N.Y. bosses did have an arrangement with the black policy kings, Chicago I don't believe ever did because of giancana.

" watch what you say around this guy, he's got a big mouth" sam giancana to an outfit soldier about frank Sinatra. [ from the book "my way"