Originally Posted By: Toodoped
Snakes is pretty much right, Al would've served his 11 years prison sentence at the Rock, which probably would've crushed his huge ego. Yes he had the cash and maybe he would've ended up as just another John Torrio, retired in New York or Florida.

I believe that nobody was going to try and whack Capone because as Snakes pointed out, he was very well respected by Ricca, Humphreys, Guzik and the rest of the old timers. There are numreous wiretaps where Humphreys mentions the good old days during the Capone era. Al was Ricca's best man, he and Guzik went long way back and Accardo used to protect him.

But I cannot say the same thing about Giancana because he was the one who cancelled Sonny's so-called pension from the Outfit. During one conversation between Humphreys and Battaglia, Humphreys pointed out that there was no need for the younger generation, meaning Giancana, Ferraro and Alex, to cancel the monthly payment to Capone's son and family.

I've heard/read somewhere that Capone got disrespected and beat by guards and prisoners alike on the rock and that even before the syphilis started showing up he was "mentally broken". Any truth to this?

From everything I've seen, Capone was out the minute he was sentenced and the old timers were glad to have the heat off of them. I don't pay much attention to Chicago but appreciate your research.

Last edited by Tony_Pro; 11/11/16 01:23 PM.

This life of ours, this is a wonderful life. If you can get through life like this, hey, thats great. But it's very, very unpredictable. There are so many ways you can screw it up.-Paul Castellano (he would know)

"I'm not talking about Italians, I'm talking about criminals."-Joe Valachi