Originally Posted By: furio_from_naples
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
The Genovese family represented both Pittsburgh and Cleveland on the Commission. Angelo Lonardo testified about one time when traveled to New York to meet with Fat Tony Salerno. The main point was to discuss the Teamsters Union but they also got the ok to make 10 new members. It's likely, as Capeci said, that the other NY families were consulted. Same for when Philadelphia wanted to make new members. They had to be vetted with all the families.

Ivy do you think that even the Patriarca family must ask to the genoveses for induct men ?

I know that patriarca sr kept the other families out of his territory but after him maybe the things changed.

I don't recall any specific cases of New England vetting their new members with New York. But the Genovese family selected who the new boss would be in the late 1980s if I remember right. The Gambinos, under Gotti, also told them to reign it in during their internal fighting.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.