Originally Posted By: Mr. Blonde
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Originally Posted By: Giacomo_Vacari
My vote is switching to Hillary. Johnson is too much of an idiot for me. If Trump wins, the United States will cease to exist, and America will be it's official name. I never thought I would agree will a bunch of Mormons (I have agreed with some on topics) but this group actually don't want Trump in the office, and half of them are willing to vote for Hillary (which astonish me, since it is unlike a Mormon to vote for a liar or cheat) cause she is the lesser of two evils. One of them, a war veteran, actually had the same thought as me over the nukes we have and who should have command over them.

As a Mormon, I can assure you nowhere near half of us are voting for Hillary. And most consider her the worst of the two. It's just that many don't like Trump either. A lot will likely vote for McMullin. Many in Utah just may stay home, perhaps assuming the state will go Republican anyway but they don't have to hold their noses and vote for Trump.

By the way, all this talk about "America ceasing to exist" if Trump wins is hyperbolic nonsense. Even Hillary, as awful as she is, won't destroy the country. Like Obama, she'll just damage it a whole lot more and bring it closer to inevitable ruin.

I don't know if you are in Utah but I am curious - how realistic is it for McMullan to actually win Utah? Right now, I think that is the only state that may go third party but have not seen any recent polls from there.

Yes, I live in Utah. Mormons still make up at least 60% of the state. I imagine we'll see a lot of them vote for McMullin, a lesser amount vote for Trump, and a small minority vote for Hillary. But as much as I'd like to see Utah go for McMullin, if only to send a message, you also have to figure in the non-Mormon votes in the state. Among those, it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were roughly divided between Trump and Hillary. So which way the state will go as a whole is hard to predict. Obviously a lot depends on whether people decide to vote or just stay home.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.