Originally Posted By: OakAsFan
Originally Posted By: IvyLeague
Yet one more reason Obama can't leave office soon enough...

Feds Order Law Enforcement Agencies to Ignore Drug Use, Criminal Records to Hire Minorities

http://www.judicialwatch.org/blog/2016/1...ire-minorities/

Um...

No, he doesn't.

Read the actual article.

He's asking them, when doing background checks, to at least discern past criminal convictions from one another based on their severity, including admitted drug use that didn't result in a criminal conviction.

This request is obviously designed to discourage recruiters from using youthful indiscretions like a speeding ticket or smoking weed at a party against applicants and classifying them all under a large blanket which labels them as having a criminal background. In other words, recruiters are obviously finding any petty thing they can in applicants' pasts to counter the federal government's attempt to bring ethnic diversity to law enforcement agencies that sorely need it.

I don't totally blame you for misunderstanding the article, however, because the right wing web site you got it from obviously uses a headline that was out of context as click bait.

I didn't misunderstand the artice, nor am I shocked by your expected spin response. This is just liberal driven affirmative action like we've seen before. Lowering or altering the standards, in the name of "diversity," so the unqualified can get in.

Mods should mind their own business and leave poster's profile signatures alone.