Originally Posted By: antimafia
Originally Posted By: eurodave

Also worthy of mention is an anecdote in the book the sixth family which revealed intercepted conversations between Vito and Zappia about the potential bridge scheme between continent and Sicily. In this convo, Zappia states that both parties need to be happy and how the Calabrians are stronger, more organized and have better political contacts. This was 2003-2004

" Perché lì si deve fare il ponte tenendo contenti tutti quelli della Sicilia, la gang, capisci? In questo affare c’è moneta per loro. Ti dico un’altra cosa: è che c’è un lato la mafia, la Sicilia. Di quell’altro posto c’è la ‘ndrangheta. La ‘ndrangheta calabrese è più forte della cosa siciliana, sì, basata su attività di costruzione e di attività anche di influenza politica. Sono più organizzati i calabresi che i siciliani. Allora la ‘ndrangheta è più forte della mafia>>.

Dave, the Italian quote above is an excerpt of a phone conversation between Giuseppe Zappia and Filippo Ranieri. The excerpt does not appear in either English or Italian in the three English-language editions of The Sixth Family, but that quote and the larger excerpt were indeed widely reported in the Italian media.

My bad, it was from Italian law enforcement.