Originally Posted By: Blackjack2121
Originally Posted By: InCamelot
Thanks mikeybslls211, yeah I saw that Inside the American Mob doc.

I wonder how Gotti treated his captain Charlie Wagons Fatico, who trusted him enough to make him acting capo before he was even made. That must be saying something about Gotti, bad boss, egotistical and everything.

Is there more info out there on Charlie Wagons by the way? I know he was known for hijacking especially one of the first to plunder JFK, moved his homebase from East NY to Queens just to be closer to the airport. Is there anymore about his life, his personality and how he was as a leader?

Yeah that is what I was gonna write about, him being made a acting capo as an associate.

It had to be a crew of all associates, right?

Surely an associate cant be ordering made soldiers around??

Was always curious about that, but not sure who was in the crew.

Anyone have a list and their status at the time as in made or associate??

This was an interesting time in LCN history. Fatico picked the best guy for the job, Fatico wanted to take a back seat due to his legal troubles and he chose the right guy for the job. Same thing in the Jersey Crew of the Lucchese Family. Joseph Abate succeeded Anthony Ham DeLasco as Captain of that crew but DeLasco picked Tumac Acceturro to run that crew as an associate. half a decade before Tumac was made. The books being closed for so long created this atmosphere. But once they were opened in the mid 70s things sorted themselves out. Accetturo made in 76, Abate went into semi-retirement shortly after and Tumac was Capo. Same thing with Gotti.