Gets and Faithful

Faithful1, --
Soon they will prove that study with the mice. But I agree with you how the avocado should be considered superior to olive oil. The health benefits are astonishing.

The health benefits of consuming cold-pressed EVOO are in the phenols. These phenols drop systolic blood pressure. By consuming cold-pressed EVOO (about three tablespoonfuls) daily with leafy greens which are high in folate, antioxidant vitamins and potassium, a person will be 40% less likely to develop heart disease over and average span of eight years. 30,000 women participated in this study in Italy.

I understand that genetics do play a part in the Italian study. In my own Italian-American family many of the men and women followed the Mediterranean diet and lived until their mid to late nineties. My own Great-Grandma lived one month shy of 98. My Great Aunt 97, Great Uncle 99, Grandma 94 and all her sisters died SAME age SAME week, days apart. (Of course different years) Alfanos have good genes smile

It is also what you OMIT from your diet, like red meat and saturated fat that can help make a difference.