F1,
I appreciate you saying that. I agree with the poster who wrote that Rep.s are kicking themselves for trotting out Trump in an election that was winnable.Very few Americans are going to care about Clinton Foundation dirty dealings in foreign countries, but Hillary is vulnerable on a few issues. A more viable candidate with political experience might have made this a real race.

I think that the rise of Trump was in some ways a long con. The same media that Trump blasts now, gave him nonstop coverage during the primaries, boosted him up. Networks got the ratings and Trump got free airtime. Candidates that were making more sensible plans(and could have posed bigger threat to Clinton) got overshadowed by 24/7 Trump news. I happen to think that this was not a coincidence.

Trump allowed people to vent and when the dust settled he was the last one standing. Sometimes parents let tantrum throwing child keep doing it until they get tired. I've seen organizations and leaders channel Black people's emotions and energy the same way before so I recognized the con.