Originally Posted By: Itiswhatitis
I would love to hear the tapes Rubeo recorded with Joey and trying to bring up the question of hits. You know damn well Rubeo's handlers were pushing him to catch Joey talking about something more serious than fraud and gambling debts. Also interested to know how much Sirkin was kicking up to Joey to hang around him

Given Joey's past I would think there is little to nothing of meat on those tapes besides chicken shit charges. Joey is shrewd and has been for a long time, even when Ron Previte was on tape Joey told him to stay away from drugs and barely talked about a hijacked trailer load of baby formula or ceiling fans. Even after he got out Gambino New Jersey made guy Nicky Skins tried to trap Joey on tape, but Joey said he wasn't in that life anymore and didn't get Joey saying shit, so it is hard for me to believe that a Genovese associate would get Joey on anything but a minor beef. Joey won't talk serious crime to a Gambino soldier. Joey doesn't care which 5 families you belong to much less his own Family. Only possible way you can catch Joey talking serious charges is if you get a long time Capo from Philly or the 5 Families that is wired up. Only way he will get caught. Joey knows the life, he is too smart in his 50 some odd years to get caught up any other way. That or 1 of his longtime inner circle flips. Only way to catch Skinny Joey.