Originally Posted By: AllDay27
@carlitosway

D'Arco's book was so ridiculous I couldn't get through it, I shelved it after about 120 pages. I've read many of the books we regularly discuss and I must say that D'Arco's book was wildly inaccurate and exaggerated even in the context that most if not all of these books are exaggerated recounting of criminal careers.

Sal Polisi also makes detailed claims in his book Sinatra Club that Gotti killed Tommy D and it was more about Foxy Jerothe than Billy Batts. Another consider the source situation as Sal was a rat writing a tell-all, however, I personally find this book to be a fairly honest telling of crime in the 70s-80s, especially in comparison to Al D'Arco's book.

I don't know if you're being serious or not but Sal Polisi is a joke. nothing but a flunkie, and his book and farcical film the Sinatra Club is even worse. The 5 families were at war and he and gotti and others had a plan to rob silver bullion to reunite the families? Get outta here. Al D'Arco was an associate in Vario's crew until 1982 when he was made a soldier in that crew, rose to Capo status and actually succeeded Vario and took over the Vario crew. His book is very credible. Especially when Vario told D'Arco to mediate a dispute between Jimmy Burke and 2 low level guys over a hijacked load of goods. D'Arco said he ruled in Burke's favor, but Burke killed the 2 guys anyways.