Originally Posted By: Giacomo
How on earth would Caprio figure he could suddenly start walking around SP as boss, though? I know Ralph Natale spent most of his time in Pennsauken, but he had Merlino to run the street. Who was going to oversee the city on Caprio's behalf? I guess its a case of greed and power being powerful blinders.

I think there's a scene in The Last Gangster where Previte says a friend of his told him that a gangster notorious for being unkempt and having food on him was seen staking out his hangouts...that would be Caprio, I assume, "the Crumb."

Also, anyone know why Danny D'Ambrosio got a pass? There's some George A articles that mention he was called in by Unk, but no story as to how he got away with it either than some suggestion he was stringing Natale along so Natale wouldn't rat on him too...

Scarfo ran the family from AC it was possible for Caprio rememeber after merlino and his guys were taken down there was no one really left on the streets Ligambi a low level soldier ending up as acting boss shows how weak the mob was at that time. If he could have found someone to run the day to day in SP it was possible. Then again Merlino had loyalists on the streets who might have fought back if he killed ligambi we will never know what would have happened

He was a earner maybe he was able to convince them it was in there interest to keep him alive or maybe he had friends in New York who got him a pass

Not connected with scott or anyone at gangsterreport

Sorry for the confusion