Originally Posted By: Binnie_Coll
Giacomo, was Carmen basilio involved with the Syracuse mob? he was from Canastota. heard he was, then heard he wasn't.

No. He was good friends with John Caiazzo, who setup fights, Anthony DeStefano, and Frank Orlando, but Basilio knew a lot of members of the mob. Italian boxers always rubbed shoulders with them. There is a picture from 1950 I think, in it, it has Anthony DeStefano, Frank Orlando, John Caiazzo, Rosario Mancuso from Auburn, there are two Rosario Mancuso, one from Auburn was made, the one from Syracuse may have been made. Peter Maggadino, before he switched to the Bonannos, Tommy Eboli and Frank Carbo from New York, Frank Adragna from Pittsburgh, with four other unidentified men in the photo. A setup like that would make people believe he is with the mob, even thought it was at a social event of some sort. I have seen nothing that would make me say he was with the mob. That's my honest opinion.

"I have this Nightmare. I'm on 5th avenue watching the St. Patrick's Day parade and I have a coronary and nine thousand cops march happily over my body." Chief Sidney Green