Originally Posted By: CabriniGreen

There are female bosses all over Naples, and recently the Sicilian clans operations look more like the " DISORGANIZED" Naples clans then the traditional mafia extortion operations. In the show Gommorah the MOTHER is the one who took over the clan, and this is VERY REALISTIC, but I feel like you are stuck in the like 70-80s mindset.

You ever read about Immacolata Capone, Maria Licciardi, Rosetta Cutolo? Or the Greco mafia war in Sicily, between BLOOD RELATIVES. About how a rival was shot, dying in the street, and a MOTHER AND DAUGHTER run into the street and finish the guy off with Kitchen knives? I really feel like you should read MORE.

In the camorra and maybe the south American cartels there were female bosses or at least high-ranking members, but in the Cosa Nostra (both American and Siciian) I never heard about a woman being an official boss (or acting boss) of any family, not even a small one. In Sicily, there were cases when wives or family members of male bosses were involved, but that's usually when their husbands, fathers, brothers, cousins etc are in jail or on the run, so they carry over messages or maybe can take some decisions, but I don't think there has yet been a woman to be officialy promoted to a commanding position in the mafia, NOT as a substitute for a jailed male, but for her own merits and skills. Maybe that will come with time, but for now I think this aspect of the Cosa Nostra is still stuck to tradition.

By the way, have you watched the Italian fictional series "Squadra antimafia" where nearly a half of Cosa Nostra bosses are women and, what's most absurd and unlikely, they are respected and taken seriously even by those male bosses who hate them and want to whack them for business reasons?
To me it seems WAY too fictional...

Willie Marfeo to Henry Tameleo:

1) "You people want a loaf of bread and you throw the crumbs back. Well, fuck you. I ain't closing down."

2) "Get out of here, old man. Go tell Raymond to go shit in his hat. We're not giving you anything."